Sunday, February 3, 2013

Kash and Bargaining







Tomorrow night at Midnight we leave Bombay for Singapore and our flight back to the US. It has been an incredible trip more than we could have ever wished for. Today we hung around the Taj pool. We had a great lunch of oysters and caviar and seafood complements of the hotel.

We did go out for one more shopping expedition. Once again we learned that the national sport of India is bargaining not cricket. Cathy saw a bracelet yesterday, that she like but didn’t buy. The price was $ 450. We talked about it, today and decided to go buy it. I told her, I would offer $ 350 and we would bargain and I would get it for $ 400. I walked into the shop and said to the merchant, “I will give you $ 350 for the bracelet”. I was ready to be a keen shopper. He said “ok”. So I got the bracelet for $ 350. Now I will always wonder, what if I said $ 250? I think he got the better of me, but Cathy got a nice bracelet.

Our favorite Bollywood actress, Kashmera Shah, came to the Taj to join us for drinks around the pool and then dinner, once again at Trishna. God we love that place. The food is exceptional. It is fun being with Kash, she is full of life and zest and everywhere we go people recognize her.

Tomorrow we check out at of the Taj at noon, and our driver will take us to Kashmera’s home for lunch. We will play with her in the afternoon and evening and then catch a flight at midnight to Singapore and on to Los Angeles. This will end the blog unless something exciting happens between now and our return to LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment